Lentil Walnut Salad
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
All I’m going to say is that adding pomegranates to salads is so underrated. They have 3 TIMES the antioxidant levels of red, help fight joint pain and bacterial infections, and most importantly keep our circulatory systems YOUNG and in check. They may be tiny, but they are packed full of nutrients and incredible health benefits. So, the next time you make a salad add them in! Anyways, this salad is what I like to call a very healthy fat salad and it's plant-based for all of my vegans out here. You can't go wrong with this salad. So, let's get to the recipe, shall we?
Yields: 1 salad
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. ½ cup of lentils
2. ½ tomato
3. ½ cucumber
4. ½ avocado
5. ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds
6. Bunch of spinach
7. Extra virgin olive oil
8. Pink Himalayan salt (regular salt works fine)
9. Garlic powder, oregano, black pepper
10. ½ squeezed lemon
11. 8 walnuts
1. First, cook your lentils in a pot that is half full of water until they are soft. Then strain them for later use.
2. Grab a bowl and add in 1-2 handfuls of spinach.
3. Chop your cucumber, tomato, and avocado into medium sized chunks.
3. Next, add the pomegranate seeds and walnuts (you can squeeze the walnuts in your hand to crush them a bit)
4. In a small bowl: add in Add 1/2 a squeezed lemon, 1-2 TSBPS of olive oil, salt, and garlic powder, black pepper, oregano to your liking. Mix well and pour onto the salad.
5. Mix and enjoy!