Loaded Chickpea and Lentil Salad with Turmeric Dijon Dressing
Jasmin, really? Another salad recipe?? Yes. Until the day that I am taken away from this earth, I will continue to make infinite combinations of veggies, grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, and fruits.
Some people like to play basketball, to paint, to swim, to DJ in their free time, but I like to come up with new combos of
So hear me out on this one. This my loaded chickpea and lentil salad with a turmeric dijon dressing. The lentil, pearl onion, cilantro, and turmeric dijon dressing go so well together in this salad so I need everyone to save it and try it out. It took only 20 minutes to make too, so it makes for a perfect meal prep idea. Oh and guess what? It's vegan. So anyone can try it out! Let's get to the recipe then shall we?
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian and vegan.
2. 1 can of chickpeas (cooked, drained, and washed)
3. 1 cup of green lentils (cooked, drained)
4 1 mini bell pepper
5. ½ pearl onion
6. ½ tomato on the vine
7. 1 cucumber
8. Freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
9. ½ TSP dijon mustard
10. 2 TBSPS extra virgin olive oil
11. Kosher salt
12. Lemon pepper, ground turmeric
13. ½ lemon
14. Sunflower seeds
1. First, make sure you have cooked chickpeas and lentils ready.
2. Now, grab a serving bowl and add 2 handfuls of arugula.
3. Next, chop your mini bell pepper and pearl onion into rounds. Add to the bowl.
4. Finely dice ½ a tomato and 1 cucumber. Add to the bowl.
5. Finely chop the cilantro and leave it on the side for later.
6. Now, add about 2 TSBPs of cooked lentils to the bowl.
7. Grab a small frying pan, add 1 TSP of olive oil, and once it shimmers, add ¼ cup of the chickpeas. Sprinkle on salt, black pepper, and turmeric to your liking. Mix well and let it sauté for 5 minutes. Add to the bowl.
8. Now for the dressing: in a small bowl, add 2 TBSPS of olive oil, ½ lemon, ½ TSP of dijon mustard, and ½ TSP of ground turmeric. Mix well. Now add kosher salt and lemon pepper to your liking. Mix again and pour onto the salad.
9. Sprinkle on sunflower seeds and garnish with the cilantro.
10. Add a dash of salt for taste.