Mediterranean Inspired Salmon & Couscous Bowl
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
This Mediterranean-inspired salmon and couscous bowl is something you would have to pay $25 for at a restaurant. But, I'm going to help you guys out and let you make it at home for a much smaller cost! It's truly delicious and the flavors mix so well together. If you love salmon, this is 100% the bowl for you. This recipe is going to sound like a lot but it only took me 30 minutes to make/bake! You are not going to regret it. So, let's get to the recipe!
Yields: 1 bowl
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and pescatarian.
1. 1 piece of Atlantic salmon
2. ½ zucchini
4. Lemon pepper, onion powder, black pepper, chili powder
5. 2 TBSPS of harissa paste
6. ½ squeezed lemon
7. Extra virgin olive oil
8. 1 cup of couscous
9. Kalamata olives
11. Garnish with finely chopped parsley
12. 2-3 TBSPs of tahini
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop ½ zucchini into cubes. Add onto a baking pan, and season with salt, lemon pepper, onion powder to your liking.
3. Now, in a small bowl add 2 TBSPs of olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, a dash of chili powder to your liking. Next, add 1 ½ TBSPs of harissa paste, and ½ squeezed lemon. Mix well.
4. Add this mix onto the piece of Atlantic salmon, and then wrap the salmon into parchment paper. Place in the same pan as the zucchini and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
5. Now, as those are baking, cook the couscous. Add 1 cup of water to a small pot and some salt for taste. Let the water boil and add the 1 cup of couscous. Stir for 1 minute and then remove from heat and cover for 5 minutes.
6. Chop up a handful of spinach and massage with a dash of olive oil and salt for taste.
7. Once the salmon zucchini are done baking, now you can create the bowl. Add ¼ cup of couscous, the spinach, the salmon, and the zucchini.
8. Top with kalamata olives and garnish with finely chopped parsley.
9. Finally, make the dressing. (Not pictured) Add 2-3 TBSPs of tahini in a small bowl and dilute with a splash of water. Mix well. Then, add salt and lemon pepper for taste, and a bit of squeezed lemon. Mix well.
10. Drizzle onto the bowl and enjoy!