Middle Eastern Breakfast Tacos
Updated: Jul 10, 2022
Because who said you can't Arab-ize tacos? Breakfast tacos can be such a fun & easy way to get your morning nutrients in.
Some of us are so sick of just eating scrambled eggs plain so let's spice things up with my Middle Eastern Breakfast Tacos.
I used mohammara as my healthy fat source since it's made of walnuts and tahini, arugula as my vegetable source, two eggs as my protein source, and Syrian string cheese & zaatar as my delicious toppings. You are going to melt when you take a bite out of these.
As for the mohammara, I have my homemade recipe up on my blog but if you can find it pre-made please grab that if it's more convenient to you! Let's start cooking!
Prep time: 5 minutes (If the mohammara has been prepared already)
Total time: 10 minutes
This recipe is vegetarian. (It can be easily dairy free without the Syrian string cheese)
1. Mohammara spread (follow my "mohammara recipe on my blog)
2. 2 small tortillas
3. 2 eggs
5. Syrian string cheese (optional if you don't have it)
6. Extra virgin olive oil
8. Salt, black pepper
1. First, warm 2 tortillas up for about 1 minute or so.
2. Grab a small frying pan, drizzle in 1 TBSP of olive oil on medium-high heat. Once the olive oil simmers, crack in two eggs. Salt to taste.
3. Scramble well or to your liking. Leave the eggs to the side.
4. Let's put the tacos together: grab a serving plate and add the two tortillas.
Spread on mohammara onto each to your liking. Layer on arugula and the two eggs. Sprinkle zaatar & black pepper.
5. You can top the tacos off with grated Syrian string cheese. This may be a bit hard to find but I know your local Middle Eastern market would sell it!