Avocado toast, but with some spice, literally. As much as I love a simple avocado toast, we all get bored of our routine and need something to change it up a bit. So, today, I made this flavorful and unique Middle Eastern Inspired Avocado Toast. The radishes, the lemon juice, the tahini drizzle, and the zaatar all bring me back to Syria. They mesh so well together with the avocado and create an even more savory toast. You can enjoy it any time of day and only takes 5-8 minutes to make. So, if these flavors are making your mouth water already, I suggest you keep reading to find out how to make this amazing toast! Let's get to it.
Prep time: 4 minutes
Total time: 8 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 piece of sourdough
2. ½ avocado
3. 1 radish
4. ½ cucumber
6. ½ lemon
9. Lemon pepper
1. First, toast your sourdough bread.
2. While the bread is toasting, mash ½ avocado into a bowl and pour on the juice of ½ lemon. Mash again.
3. Next, slice the radish and cucumber into thin rounds. Leave them to the side.
4. Have your tahini, zaatar, salt, and lemon pepper seasoning next to you.
5. Once the bread has finished toasting, place it onto a plate and slather on the avocado.
6. Add the radish slices and cucumber slices onto the toast just like they are placed in the picture above.
7. Drizzle on your desired amount of tahini.
8. Sprinkle on 1 TSP or more of zaatar.
9. Add salt and lemon pepper seasoning to your liking.