The OG of Arab non-alcoholic drinks, the Mint Lemonade. This is the most refreshing and most delightful you can make for yourself.
It's such a well-known drink back in the Middle East and I want to share the love with you guys.
If you're sitting by a pool, on a porch, or feel like a midday pick-me-up, this is the drink you're going to make.
Not only is it delightful, but it's nutritious. The lemon and mint are anti-inflammtory, anti-bacterial, high in vitamin C, and great for aiding in digestion. So, this is why I call it a "pick-me-up" because your body might need it! Did I mention you blend the entire lemon and not the juice - because the skin is the best part.
I'm all about enjoying non-alcoholic drinks in martini glasses too, so grab your lemon, mint, and honey and let me show you how to make it!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 12 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and vegetarian.
1. 4 cups of distilled water
2. 3 cups crushed ice
3. 35-40 mint leaves, washed
4. 3 whole lemons, washed well, deseeded
5. 4 TBSPs pure honey (my vegans - you can just do ½ cup of white sugar)
6. Dash of salt
1. Grab a blender and add all ingredients in. Blend well.
2. Taste to see if you'd like to add more honey or sugar. (It's up to you, they tend to be sugary but I wanted to add as little sugar as possible).
3. Some strain the blended juice, but I think it's healthier to keep it as so.