Mini Bell Peppers Stuffed With Roasted Garlic Hummus
These could be the cutest snacks I've ever made. I was already planning on making my authentic hummus recipe today and dipping mini bell peppers into it for a nice boost of vitamin c, when it HIT ME. I stuffed the mini bell peppers with arugula and hummus instead! It is such a delicious vegan, dairy free, and gluten free snack to make for yourself and it only takes a total of 15 minutes. Make it for yourself, make it for your kids, or even make it this summer as a cute BBQ snack! You're definitely going to want to save this one. So, let's get to it.
Yields: With one can of chickpeas, you can make up to 40+ so it's up to you
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 bag of mini bell peppers
1. 1 can of chickpeas
2. 1 TSP Kosher salt
3. 5 garlic cloves
4. Juice from ½ lemon
5. 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
6. 3 TBSPS tahini
7. 3 cubes of ice
1. First, grab your bag of mini bell peppers and wash them thoroughly.
2. Next, dry them and cut the tops off. Make sure to de-seed them.
3. Now, grab 2-3 pieces of arugula and stuff each mini bell pepper.
4. Leave them to the side and now grab a small frying pan.
5. Add 2-3 TBSPs of olive oil and once it simmers, add in 5 peeled garlic cloves.
6. Roast them until they are medium brown and leave them to the side.
7. Now, grab a blender. Open your can of chickpeas and drain them from the aquafoba but keep the aquafoba on the side to use later.
8. In the blender, add the chickpeas and blend.
9. Next, add in a splash of the aquafoba, ½ lemon, 1 TSP kosher salt, juice from ½ lemon, 1 TBSP of olive oil, 3 TBSPS of tahini, 3 cubes of ice, and the roasted garlic cloves without the olive oil.
10. Blend. Make sure you don't blend to a thin consistency, you want the hummus to be a thicker consistency so it stays inside the bell pepper well.
11. Do a taste test for any extra salt, lemon, or tahini. Add if you find it necessary. Blend.
12. Scoop the hummus out into a bowl and use a spoon to add a dollop of hummus into each mini bell pepper.