My Go-To Oatmeal Breakfast
Updated: Jan 19, 2022
If you've always wanted to give oatmeal a try but haven't been sure how to make it correctly or what to add it to it so it doesn't taste like cardboard, I got you. This has been my go-to oatmeal recipe for the past three years now and there is nothing better. This warm bowl of oats with almond butter, ground flax, honey, chia seeds, and cinnamon is going to become your daily breakfast. It's just too heartwarming and nourishing for the soul. So, if you want this 5 minute recipe let's get to it!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. ½ cup of gluten free oats
2. Raspberries, blueberries
3. 1 banana
4. 1 TBSP almond butter
5. ½ TSP chia seeds
6. 1 TSP ground flax
7. Almond milk
8. Honey as garnish
1. Grab a bowl and add the ½ cup of oats. When it comes to adding the almond milk, it shouldn't be more than a cup. You don't want to drench the oats and want them to cook through properly.
2. Add in the 1 TBSP of almond butter and the 1 TSP of ground flax. If you'd like to sweeten the oats you can add a TSP of maple syrup, but I used the drizzle of honey later as my sweetener.
3. Mix the ingredients well and microwave them for 2-3 minutes.
4. While you're waiting on the oats, have your berries washed and your banana sliced into coins.
5. Now let's put it all together. Add your berries, banana slices, chia seeds, and the drizzle of honey on top of the oats.