My Go-To Pan Seared Chicken Breast
Updated: Jan 19, 2022
POV: It's a Sunday night and you're dreading work the next day. So, you do the smart thing and prep dinner for tomorrow night so future you doesn't have to stand on their feet after a long day of work. You grab your chicken breasts out of the freezer and begin to marinate them so you can pan-sear them the next day. I'm telling you guys, this pan-seared chicken breast is my go-to recipe. On top of my salads, inside of wraps, or just served next to veggies for dinner, it's perfect. It's the only appropriate time you can use the word ~moist~ to describe a food, because it seriously IS. So, I highly recommend saving this for your future self! Let me show you how to make it.
Yields: 1-4 people
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25-30 minutes
This recipe is gluten free.
1. 4 chicken breasts (thinned)
2. 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
3. 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
4. 1/2 lemon, juiced
5. 2-4 minced garlic cloves (up to you)
6. A dash of red pepper flakes
7. ½ TBSP salt
8. 1/4 TSP freshly ground black pepper
9. 1/2 TSP Aleppo pepper
10. Fresh parsley for garnish
1. First, paper towel dry your thin chicken breasts. If your chicken breasts are thick, make sure to butterfly them.
2. In a large bowl, combine ingredients 2-9.
3. Mix this combination well.
4. Add in the chicken breasts and make sure that all 4 are coated evenly.
5. If you decide to marinate these, you can do it from 30 minutes to up to the next day.
6. Once you're ready, grab a frying pan and add in 2 TBSPs of olive oil over medium-high heat.
7. Once the olive oil begins to simmer, add the marinated chicken breasts into the pan.
8. Cook on each side for 5-8 minutes or until the chicken breasts are golden brown on both sides. You can cut into one chicken breast to check the inside. Make sure it's completely white, and there is no pink center.
9. Remove them from the pan and serve with a vegetable and carb. I chose to serve the chicken breast with baked asparagus and cauliflower gnocchi.
10. Garnish the chicken breast with fresh parsley.