You know that can of artichokes that's sitting in your pantry because you thought you'd use it but have no idea how to? Here is what you're going to make with that can of artichokes, my Olive & Artichoke Pasta Salad. It's fresh, light, packed full of protein, and easy to take on the go.
I used Eat Banza chickpea pasta for a great source of plant-based protein and added in white kidney beans for even more protein. One bowl of this pasta salad makes for 23 grams of protein! It's also a meal you can batch prep on a Sunday to have for the whole week. None of the ingredients will go bad and honestly I think pasta salads taste better with time. Letting the veggies and pasta sit in the dressing enhances the flavor.
You're going to need chickpea pasta shells, kalamata olives, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, arugula, and white kidney beans to create this delicious recipe. So, let's get to it!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes (allow it to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes after putting it together)
This recipe is dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 box of Eat Banza chickpea pasta
2. 1 can artichokes
3. ⅓ cup whole kalamata olives, chopped in halves
4. ¼ cup of whole sun-dried tomatoes, finely diced
5. 2 handfuls arugula, finely chopped
6. 1 can white kidney beans, drained and washed
1. ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2. 2 TBSP red wine vinegar
3. 1 TSP dried oregano
4. 1 clove garlic, grated
5. ½ TSP salt
6. Freshly ground black pepper
1. First, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the box of pasta and cook until tender/al dente. Drain and rinse well under cold water.
2. As the pasta is cooking, prep the ingredients and add them to a large serving bowl.
3. Prep the dressing.
4. Let's put it all together: add the shells to the serving bowl and pour on the dressing. Mix well.