Okay, you may dislike me a bit because even though this is called a "One Sheet Pan Dinner Bowl", it kind of isn't because I had to cook the rice on the side. But here's the thing - if you want to be super lazy, buy the prepackaged ready rice. Otherwise, the preparation of this whole bowl takes about 15 minutes. If you're a fan of salmon, this bowl is for YOU. All of the flavors in this bowl work so well together - you have salmon, baked petit carrots, baked baby cauliflower, radish, parsley, arugula, and a tahini dressing. If these ingredients are up your alley, then grab a piece of Wild Atlantic Salmon and start cooking! And if these ingredients aren't your favorite, maybe you should just give it a try - sometimes the right seasonings and dressings can make a difference. Also, I want to note how lots of you DM me saying that you take my recipes and make them your own because you may switch out or add another ingredient. And that is FINE. I encourage you to create meals that work for YOU. I'm just here for inspiration. Alright, let's get to the recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and pescatarian.
1. 1 piece Wild Atlantic Salmon
2. 1 cup of white basmati rice
3. 4 petit carrots (I bought these from Trader Joe's)
4. Baby cauliflower (1 cup)
5. 1-2 radishes
6. Handful of arugula
7. Fresh parsley to garnish
8. 1 lemon
9. Extra virgin olive oil
10. Salt, black pepper, garlic powder
11. 2-3 TBSPs of tahini
1. First, preheat your oven to 400.
2. Next, have your rice cooking in a medium saucepan. 1 cup of white rice will need 2 cups of water. Have the rice cooking on medium-low heat and covered the whole time. Cook until the rice has soaked up all of the water.
3. As you're waiting on the rice, grab a sheet pan and add on aluminum foil.
4. Add on your piece of salmon and cut slits down the salmon for it to cook better and soak up the seasonings.
5. Now slice your carrots in half and make sure to chop the tops off. Now with your baby cauliflower, chop the stems off and slice the cauliflower into smaller chunks if they are too big. Add these to the sheet pan.
6. Drizzle on olive oil onto the salmon and veggies. Season everything with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to your liking.
7. Now, add a thin round of lemon onto the salmon. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. (The carrots may need more time than the salmon and baby cauliflower, so you can take them out and let the carrots cook a bit more)
8. As you're waiting for the veggies and salmon to cook, slice your radish into thin rounds.
9. Now prepare your dressing: in a small bowl add in 2 TBSPS of tahini and dilute it with a splash of water. Mix well. Squeeze in ½ lemon. Mix again until you get a thinner consistency. You don't want it to be TOO thick or it won't drizzle onto the bowl well. Add a pinch of salt and mix one more time.
10. Let's put this bowl together: grab a serving bowl and add in arugula. Add ¼-½ cup of rice (up to you), the carrots, the baby cauliflower, the salmon, the radish slices, and the tahini dressing. You may not use all of the tahini dressing. Garnish with some fresh parsley and pepper seasoning.