Oregano Scallops & Orzo Pasta Salad
Why don't more people incorporate scallops into their lives? It's not only a delicious kind of shellfish, but it's packed full of nutrients you may not find in other foods!
Scallops are an amazing source of several trace minerals, including selenium, zinc, and copper. Selenium promotes a healthy immune system and proper thyroid function, zinc is vital for brain function, and copper may protect against heart disease. Many people lack trace minerals in their daily diet and they are KEY for proper hormone health and blood circulation. So this is why I came up with this recipe!
Cooking with scallops CAN be intimidating, but they are so easy once you have the right recipe to guide you. This is the ultimate pasta salad to end your summer with. It's so refreshing and light to eat when you're in the mood to romanticize your life.
So grab your scallops, orzo, arugula, cherry tomatoes, radish, parsley, and green onion and let's get cooking!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and pescatarian.
1. 6 scallops
2. 2-3 handfuls of arugula
3. 1 TBSP fresh parsley, finely chopped
4. 1scallion, finely diced
5. 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped into thin rounds
6. 1 radish, sliced in thin rounds
7. 1 lemon
8. ½ cup of orzo pasta (GF optional)
9. Extra virgin olive oil
10. Dried oregano
11. 1 TBSP unsalted butter
1. 2 TBSPs of cornstarch
2. 1 TSP of salt
3. ¼ TSP of black pepper
4. ¼ TSP of garlic powder
5. ½ TSP of oregano
1. First, make sure your scallops are defrosted.
2. Second, boil water in a pot and salt the water. Add the orzo pasta once the water starts to boil. Strain and set it on the side once it's cooked al dente.
3. Third, grab a serving bowl and add in the arugula.
4. Next, have the radish, green onion, parsley, and cherry tomatoes prepared.
5. Let's prepare the scallops. In a small bowl add in the ingredients for the scallops. Whisk well. Dip both sides of each scallop into the mix. Set on on a plate.
6. Next, grab a small frying pan and proceed to add 2 TBSPs of olive oil and 1 TBSP of butter. Set the stove on medium-high heat and allow the olive oil and butter to simmer. Once you can smell the butter, gently add in each scallop.
7. Allow them to sear on each side for 3-5 minutes each. Once they are done set them on the side.
8. Let's put the bowl all together: Grab the orzo pasta and layer it onto the arugula. Add the scallops, the cherry tomatoes, and the radish.
9. Garnish with the fresh parsley and green onion.
10. For the dressing: 2 TBSPs of olive oil, juice of ½ lemon, salt to taste, and ½ TSP dried oregano. Shake well and pour onto the salad.
11. Mix and enjoy!