Welcome back to my Let's Cook - Ramadan Series. If you don't know what Ramadan is, it's the ninth month of the Islamic calendar when Muslims fast for 30 days, from sunrise to sunset. It's an incredibly spiritual month for many and I want to share some recipes that are made during this time.
I think every foodie at this point needs to share their take on stuffed dates. Last year I posted my "Hazelnut Butter & Pistachio Stuffed Dates" so it's time I post another!
I used Trader Joe's Crunchy Salted Peanut Butter with Flax & Chia Seeds for extra nutrients. These dates are packed full with nutrients like iron from the maca powder, magnesium from the cacao nibs, protein from the chia seeds and peanut butter, and dietary fiber from the dates.
These plain Medjool dates turned into the perfect nutritious snack. So, let me show you how to make them in under 10 minutes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes (to let them cool in the fridge)
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 8 dates (or more if you want)
2. Crunchy Salted Peanut Butter with Flax & Chia Seeds (I bought this from Trader Joe's and highly recommend - you can use plain peanut butter if you'd like)
3. Maca powder
4. Cacao nibs
1. Grab your dates and remove the pits.
2. In each date, add a small dollop of the peanut butter into each date. Repeat with all of them.
3. Sprinkle on maca powder on all of the dates.
4. Then add 2-3 cacao nibs onto each date.
5. Place them in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to let them cool a bit.