Pecan & Walnut Stuffed Dates Dipped in White Chocolate
Do you hate baking or never know what to make when you're having guests over? Well, personally I relate to both and I am here to help you!
These are my Pecan & Walnut Stuffed Dates Dipped in White Chocolate. Half are pecan filled and half are walnut filled, but both are delightful treats.
These dates are so simple to make and take less than 10 minutes to make! You'll need Medjool dates, pecans and/or walnuts, white chocolate of choice, and cinnamon. The mix of the sweetness and crunch of the nuts is going to have your mouthwatering and your guests asking for a take-home box. Let's get to the recipe!
Yields: you are free to make as many as you want
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
This recipe is gluten free and vegetarian.
1. Medjool dates
2. 1 bar of Lindt White Chocolate (or any other brand)
3. Pecan halves
4. Walnut halves
5. Ground cinnamon
1. To melt the white chocolate you have two options: you can either melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe container OR grab a pot, fill it up half way with water, place another pot on top and put the chocolate in it. The steam will melt the chocolate.
2. While you wait for the chocolate to melt, deseed your dates, and make sure to open the centers up so you can fit the nuts into each.
3. You can use pecans, walnuts, or just one kind of nut to fill each date. It's up to you!
4. Fill each date with a nut of choice and squeeze the sides of the dates so that the nuts are enclosed well.
5. Once the white chocolate is done melting, pour it into a bowl deep enough so that when you dip the dates, the whole date can be 100% submerged.
6. Grab a serving plate, and dip each date into the white chocolate. Use a fork, it's easier. Add to the serving plate and repeat for each date.
7. Once you've completed step 6, sprinkle on cinnamon to your liking.
8. Place the dates into the fridge to allow the chocolate to harden. They may need up to 20 minutes.