Poached Egg on Sourdough with Roasted Tomatoes, Avocado, and Red Pepper Spread
Updated: Sep 12
Romanticize your life. Do you love going to a cafe every Sunday morning and getting that beautifully made avocado toast? Well as much as I love doing that, sometimes I just don't want to leave my house, so I make it myself! I'm here to tell you that you CAN make yourself a beautiful and delicious loaded avocado toast. Follow the steps I'm about to explain to you and you are going to take a bite into one of the best loaded avocado toasts you've ever made. So, let's get to it!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and vegetarian.
1. 1 egg
2. ½ medium tomato
4. Red pepper spread @traderjoes
5. ½ avocado
6. 1 sourdough bread
7. Maldon salt
8. Garlic salt, freshly ground black pepper, chili powder
Replacement suggestion: Maldon salt "comes in large, thin, uneven, crunchy salt flakes that have a very clean, pure salt taste. It is meant to be a finishing salt, used at the table in small amounts, rather than in cooking" (cooksinfo.com/maldon-salt). If you do not have Maldon salt feel free to use table salt to sprinkle onto the toast.
Instructions: (I am going to give the instruction to each part to ensure you perfect your toast)
1. First, grab a small pot and fill it up with water. Place it onto the stove and let it boil on medium heat.
2. Add in 1 ½ TBSPs of white distilled vinegar.
3. Grab an egg and strain the excess egg whites, but not all of it.
4. Once the water boils, grab a spoon and create a spinning vortex in the pot. Keep swirling it and add in the egg.
5. Put on a timer for 2 ½ - 3 minutes.
6. Grab a skimmer and grab the egg and place it in a bowl.
1. Grab an avocado. Slice it in half. Use the half without the pit.
2. Peel the skin gently.
3. Place the avocado on a cutting board and grab a small, thin knife.
4. Slice the avocado horizontally into thin slices multiple times like shown in the picture.
5. Then gently spread the avocado slices with the tips of your fingers so it's elongated when you put it onto the toast.
1. Grab one slice of sourdough bread and toast it.
2. Spread on red pepper spread.
1. Grab a medium sized tomato and slice three pieces.
2. Grab a small saucepan, turn the heat to medium-high, and add in extra virgin olive oil.
3. Once the oil shimmers, add the tomato slices. Sprinkle on salt and black pepper.
4. Saute for 3 minutes max.
Put it all together:
1. Grab the piece of toast with the red pepper spread.
2. Add on arugula.
3. Add the tomatoes.
4. Add the avocado gently.
5. Sprinkle on garlic salt and chili powder to your liking.
6. Add the poached egg.
7. Sprinkle on freshly ground black pepper and maldon salt to your liking.