Pumpkin Pie Spice French Toast
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
During the beginning of the quarantine I had lots of time to make fun, delicious foods and one of them were these pumpkin pie spice french toasts! When I made them I used a skillet to see how they would turn out, but I'm not going to lie, I enjoy making them on a normal frying pan instead, so definitely go with that method if you try to make these for yourself! This is definitely a healthier, less fattier version of French toast but maybe next time I will make them with brioche for a true french toast. For now I'm sticking with sourdough so let's get to the recipe shall we?
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and vegetarian.
1. 4 pieces of sourdough bread (GF is also doable)
2. 1 cup of oat milk
3. 1 egg
4. 1 1/2 TBSP pumpkin spice
5. 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
6. 1 TSP vanilla extract
7. Non dairy whip cream
8. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
9. Pure maple syrup
10. Vegan butter
Replacement suggestion: Feel free to use regular butter if you don't want to use vegan butter to grease your frying pan.
1. In a shallow bowl add 1 cup of oat milk, 1 egg, vanilla extract and whisk. Add cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to your liking, and whisk again.
2. Heat up a frying pan on medium heat and lightly grease with butter.
3. Dunk each piece of toast into the batter you made and ensure to coat both sides evenly.
4. Put each slice of toast into the pan and heat until they are brown on both sides.
5. Repeat and add your toppings: non dairy whip cream, berries, and pure maple syrup.