I personally want to thank the Mexican community for blessing the world with Huevos Rancheros. This is a very popular Mexican breakfast that simply translates to "rancher's eggs" and it hits THE spot every time.
Huevos Rancheros usually consist of fried eggs, tortillas, refried beans, pico de gallo, avocado, and cilantro. Today I present you this very simplified way to enjoy huevos rancheros with less cooking and chopping.
It took me 10 minutes to make and every bite was better than the next. You're going to need two tortillas, two eggs, avocado, red onion, cilantro, and hot sauce. You have all of the macronutrients you need to start your day off on the right foot! So, let's make this nutritious and delicious recipe together!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and vegetarian.
1. 2 mini tacos
2. 2 eggs
3. ½ avocado, thinly sliced
4. ½ red onion, finely diced (you may not use it all)
5. Fresh cilantro, finely chopped to garnish
6. Hot sauce of choice
7. Extra virgin olive oil
8. Salt, black pepper
1. First, prepare your red onion, avocado, and cilantro. Set those on the side.
2. Now, grab the tacos and a medium sized frying pan. Drizzle in 1 TBSP of olive oil or use spray to coat the plan. Add in the two tacos on medium heat. Once you can smell the olive oil, crack one egg onto each taco.
3. Add in as much of the diced red onion as you like around the eggs. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Cover the pan and allow the eggs to cook to your liking. Just be careful to not burn the tacos. Lower the heat if need be.
5. Once eggs are to your liking, turn the heat off and use a spatula to gently move the taco eggs onto a plate.
6. Top with cilantro, avocado, and hot sauce. Add salt to taste if you'd like.