Red Kidney Bean Spicy Taco Salad
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
Do you love taco bowls but want a vegan, plant-based way to eat them? This bowl is for you! It's packed full of the daily nutrients your body needs and it's truly a summer favorite. Let me show you how to make it!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. ½ can of red kidney beans
2. ½ head of lettuce
3. 2 celery stalks
4. 1 mini yellow pepper
5. ¼ cup of fresh cilantro
6. ½ avocado
7. ¼ cup of quinoa
8. 2 TBSPS of hot pico de gallo @traderjoes
9. 2 limes
10. 1-2 TBSPS of extra virgin olive oil
12. Garlic powder, lemon pepper seasoning, chili lime seasoning
1. Boil 1 cup of quinoa in either water and salt or veggie broth.
2. While this is happening: wash 1 can of red kidney beans.
3. Chop up lettuce, celery stalks, mini yellow pepper, cilantro, and avocado.
4. Put the lettuce in a bowl, add ¼ cup of quinoa, ½ can of red kidney beans, chopped yellow pepper and celery to the bowl as well.
5. Now, add 3 scoops of @traderjoes hot pico de Gallo.
6. Add the avocado and cilantro on top of the bowl.
7. In a separate bowl, squeeze in 2 limes, add 1-2 TBSPs of olive oil, salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper seasoning, chili lime seasoning to your liking and mix!
8. Pour on the bowl and mix.
9. Taste test for more salt. Add if necessary.