Roasted Red Tomato Linguine with Sautéed Scallops in Garlic
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
If you love scallops but don't know how to eat them or incorporate them into a meal, make this. You'll impress anyone with this one, I promise. Let's get to it.
Yields: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and pescatarian.
1. 1 box of linguine (you can use @eatbanza if you’d like)
2. 2 beefsteak tomatoes
3. 5 cloves of garlic (2 minced, 3 whole and peeled)
4. ½ pound of scallops
5. Extra virgin olive oil
6. Salt, black pepper, dried oregano
7. ½ lemon
8. Fresh basil to garnish
1. First, preheat the oven to 375.
2. Next, make sure your scallops are defrosted and dried. Set aside in a bowl.
3. Next, grab a pot and boil your pasta until al dente. Make sure you salt the water while it’s boiling before you add the pasta in. Once you strain it save the pasta water to the side.
4. Now, grab 2 tomatoes and cut an X slit at the top. Put them on a baking pan and drizzle on olive oil and add salt & black pepper. Bake in the oven until they are slightly brown & toasted.
5. As you’re waiting on those, grab your scallops and season them in the bowl prior to sautéing them. Season to your liking with salt, black pepper, & 1/2 lemon.
6. Now, grab a medium sized frying pan and drizzle in olive oil and add your 2 minced garlic cloves. Once you can smell the garlic, add your scallops. Pour in ½ cup of the pasta water and let them simmer on medium-low heat.
7. Flip them to the other side after 5 minutes. Once they are slightly brown that means they are ready.
8. Take them off the pan but keep the pan as is. Now, your tomatoes should be done and it’s time to make the sauce.
9. In a blender add your roasted tomatoes, 1 TBSP of olive oil, 1 TBSP of salt, a dash of black pepper, and your 3 whole garlic cloves. Purée.
10. Now in that same medium sized frying pan, add in the sauce and ¼ cup of pasta water. Simmer on medium heat and add the strained linguine. Once it has evenly coated the linguine, season with dried oregano.
11. Do a taste test to see if it needs salt or black pepper. Now on a plate, add your linguine, scallops, and garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!