Roasted Sweet Potato and Chickpea Kale Nourish Bowl With a Zaatar Tahini Dressing
Updated: Sep 12
Yes, those are sweet potatoes I carved into mini pumpkins for half an hour, not smiley face French fries. In the spirit of Halloween, I thought I'd make a very fall colored, warm, nourish bowl with a touch of spookiness. You have roasted sweet potatoes and chickpeas, rosemary quinoa, fresh pomegranate seeds, lemon kale, and a delicious zaatar tahini dressing on top. Not only do the flavors go so well together, but you have a gluten free, dairy free, and vegan dish as well! No, you do not have to carve the sweet potatoes into pumpkins if you don't want to either. Enjoy the nourish bowl on your own terms. Make it for lunch or dinner, or meal prep it for the following week. It will be enjoyable no matter what. So, if I've convinced you to try it, keep reading for the full recipe!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 3-4 handfuls of kale
2. ½ cup of cooked chickpeas
3. 1 sweet potato
4. ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds
5. 1 radish
6. ¼ cup of tri-colored quinoa
9. 1 lemon
10. Extra virgin olive oil
11. Kosher salt
12. Freshly ground black pepper
13. Garlic powder, paprika, red pepper, and turmeric
14. Hemp seeds
15. Fresh parsley to garnish
1. First, preheat your oven to bake at 425.
2. Grab a serving bowl.
3. Chop up your sweet potato the way you'd like and place them on a baking pan. Season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika to your liking. Add a dash of red pepper and mix well.
4. Add the chickpeas onto the same baking pan and season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and turmeric to your liking. Add a dash of red pepper and mix well.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until both are well roasted.
6. While they are roasting, make sure you have quinoa boiling. Season with fresh rosemary and salt.
7. Now, finely chop your kale and add to the serving bowl. Massage with salt, ½ lemon, and olive oil.
8. Finely dice 1 radish and add to the bowl.
9. Add the pomegranate seeds.
10. Add the quinoa.
Now, once the sweet potato and chickpeas are done, add them to the bowl.
11. Let's make the dressing: grab a small bowl and add 2 TBSPs of tahini in. Dilute with water and mix well until it's a thinner consistency. Add 1 TSP of zaatar and 1 TSP of salt. Mix well.