The salmon bowl of your dreams. Yes, I might say that every time I make a new salmon bowl, but it just keeps getting better and better. The Romesco sauce on the salmon, the baked garlic flavored cauliflower and eggplant, the fresh arugula, the perfectly cooked basmati rice, and the Greek olives all came together so well to make this healthy omega 3 fat based dinner bowl!
Fun fact, Americans tend to not get enough omega 3 fatty acids in their diet, like they do in the Mediterranean, and that is something I'm going to continue emphasizing as long as I can. The Mediterranean diet emphasizes on lean meat, fish, and plant based foods instead of high in cholesterol red meat and pork.
So, if you want a heart healthy meal that is also delicious, macro friendly, and nutritious, let's get to the recipe!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35- 40 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and pescatarian.
1. ½ cup of white basmati rice
2. 1 piece of Wild Atlantic salmon
3. Romesco dip from Trader Joe's
5. ⅓ - ½ eggplant
7. Greek olives
8. ½ lemon
9. Extra virgin olive oil
10. Salt, freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder
11. Parsley to garnish
1. First, preheat the oven to 400.
Grab a baking pan and add on the salmon.
2. Next, have your desired amount of medium chopped eggplant and your cauliflower florets ready and add them into the same baking pan.
3. Drizzle on olive oil on the veggies and salmon.
4. Season the veggies with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to your liking.
5. Now, grab your Romesco dip, and lather on the dip onto the salmon, approximately 1 TBSP. Make sure the Romesco is evenly spread onto the salmon
6. Bake in the oven until the veggies are fully cooked through and the salmon is completely pink and cooked on the inside. They'll bake for approximately 15-20 minutes.
7. While the salmon and veggies are baking, cook ½ cup of basmati rice. You can either microwave a bag if you want it to be super quick or you can grab a pot, drizzle in 1 TBSP of olive oil, add in the ½ cup of basmati rice, and stir. Have boiling water ready and pour in 1 cup of water. Have the rice cooking on medium heat, cover the pot, and let the rice soak up the water.
8. Now, grab a serving bowl and add in a handful of arugula. Drizzle on the juice of ½ lemon and drizzle on ½ TSP of olive oil, and season with a bit of salt. Mix this well in with the arugula. This is your base.
9. Let's put the bowl all together: Add the salmon, the cauliflower, the eggplant, the rice, and 5-6 Greek olives. Garnish with fresh parsley.