“My cherries and wine, rosemary and thyme...” if you know this lyric I’m already in love with you.
ANYWAYS, here are my Rosemary & Thyme Baked Sweet Potatoes Fries with Garlic Aioli. No need to Uber Eats some fries, make these yourself with all of the ingredients you already have at home!
You can pair these fries with a balanced meal or enjoy them as a snack. They are a healthier alternative to fried french fries since they are baked so I highly recommend trying to make them at home if you haven't already.
I'd like to note that I enjoy my fries more on the crispier, toasty side but if you want them softer, just make sure to follow the directions in my instructions! Let's get to the recipe!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
Sweet potato fries
1. 2 sweet potatoes
2. Extra virgin olive oil
3. 1 TBSP corn starch
5. Ground rosemary, ground thyme, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika
Paprika Garlic aioli
1. 1 cup mayonnaise (regular or Primal Kitchen's Avocado Mayo)
2. 1 TSP Paprika
3. 1 clove of garlic, minced
4. 1/2 TSP Garlic powder
5. 1/4 TSP salt
6. 1 TBSP lime juice
1. First, preheat the oven to 400.
2. Second, grab two sweet potatoes, peel off the skin, and let them soak in cold water for 20 minutes. This will allow your fries to be very crispy.
3. Next, dry the potatoes and grab a cutting board. Cut them in half the long way and slice them into long fries.
If you have a crinkler you can use that to cut the sweet potato into fries, otherwise just use a normal knife.
4. Now, place the fries into a bowl and add the following: cornstarch, 1-2 TBSPs of olive oil, 1 TBSP of salt, ground black pepper to your liking, 1 TSP of paprika, ½ TBSP of ground rosemary, ½ TBSP of ground thyme, and 1 TBSP of garlic powder. Mix with your hands and place on a pan. Make sure the sweet potato fries are evenly spread out.
5. Bake on one side for 15 minutes. Flip on the other side and bake for another 15 minutes for extra crispiness. But if you don't want them to be any crispier, take them out in about 5 minutes!
6. Grab a small bowl and make the paprika garlic aioli. Leave it on the side.
7. Once the sweet potatoes are almost done, taste test one of them to see if they need any seasoning like salt, black pepper, or garlic powder. Add if necessary.
8. Gently take them out of the oven and allow them to cook for 5-10 minutes.