Sautéed Black Beans Perfect For Taco Night
Updated: Sep 12
I think my family and I do Taco Night almost every Tuesday and it never disappoints. My one staple that I love making every-time is this 15 minute black bean dish that we'll use to stuff each taco or use as a topping in a taco bowl. Either way you choose to enjoy taco night will be delicious if you end up making these sautéed black beans. All you need is 1 can of black beans, fresh cilantro, and a white onion. The best part is that if you have leftover black beans, you can use them the next morning for breakfast tacos! So, if you want this easy, 15 minute recipe, let's get to it.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 can of black beans (drained and washed)
2. Fresh cilantro
3. ¼ white onion
4. Extra virgin olive oil
5. Kosher salt
1. First, make sure you have drained and washed your black beans very well.
2. Next, have your white onion and fresh cilantro finely diced. After I had chopped the cilantro it was approximately equal to 1 ½ TBSPs. The more cilantro the better really.
3. Now in a frying pan, add in 1 TBSP of olive oil and the white onion on medium-high heat.
4. Don't let the onion burn, once it turns light brown add the black beans in.
5. Sauté for approximately 8-10 minutes (or to your liking. I like to have my black beans open up and be a little crispy).
6. Salt to your liking and then add the fresh cilantro at the end.
7. Mix the cilantro in well and turn off the heat.
8. Enjoy the black beans in any way you'd like!