Shrimp Gigli Pasta with Fresh Parmigiano Reggiano
Updated: Oct 20, 2021
Jasmin really, another shrimp pasta dish? Yes. Because I am here to provide you guys with simple, go-to dinners that you can make for yourself under 25 minutes. This pasta is filled with delicious ingredients like sautéed shrimp, diced tomatoes, capers, parmigiano reggiano, sun-dried tomatoes, and red pepper flakes. Whoever said that you can't be healthy and eat pasta lives a miserable life. I will always encourage you to fill your life with carbs, especially pasta ones. So, if you're ready to make this flavorful, Shrimp Gigli Pasta, keep on reading for the recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
This recipe is pescatarian. (feel free to opt out of the cheese to make it dairy free)
1. 1 lb of cooked shrimp
2. 1 box of gigli pasta (I got mine from Eataly)
3. 1 14oz can of diced tomatoes
4. 1 TBSP capers
5. Freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
6. Sun-dried tomatoes
7. 4 garlic cloves
8. 3 mini pearl onions
9. Extra virgin olive oil
10. 2 TBSPs of tomato paste
11. Kosher salt
12. Red pepper flakes
14. Fresh basil
1. First, have your shrimp defrosted and dried. Pat dry with a towel if necessary.
2. Have your garlic and pearl onions minced.
3. Grab a large frying pan and add 2 TBSPs of olive oil. Add the garlic. Once it simmers and you can smell the garlic add in the shrimp.
4. Season with salt and paprika to your liking. Mix well.
5. Cook shrimp on medium-high heat, 2-3 minutes each side. Once the tails are red in color, they are ready. Set them aside on a plate but keep the frying pan as is.
6. Your pasta should be cooked and strained by now. Leave it to the side.
7. In the frying pan, add in 1 TBSP of olive oil and the pearl onions. Stir well. Once you can smell the onion, add in the diced tomatoes with the juice.
8. Add 1 cup of the pasta water. Stir well on medium heat.
9. Add 2 TBSPs of tomato paste. Stir well for 2-5 minutes.
10. Add in the shrimp. Season with salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
11. Add the pasta in.
12. Mix well and taste for salt. Add if necessary. Feel free to add more red pepper flakes.
13. Now add in ¼ cup or more of sundried tomatoes and 1-2 TBSPs of capers. Stir well.
14. Turn off the heat, and plate.
15. Add fresh chiffonade basil and parmigiano reggiano to your liking.