"Pizza isn't healthy." If you surround yourself with people who say that, delete them because you don't need that negativity in your life. Healthy eating is all about working smarter, not harder. How can we take a food like pizza and make it more nutritious? -
By adding more nutrient dense foods to pizza so we can enjoy what we love and add foods our body loves more. I used StoneFire Naan as my base, fresh, high quality parmigiano reggiano, avocado, bell peppers, lean chicken breast, spinach, and Primal Kitchen's buffalo sauce to create this beautiful, delicious, and nutritious Single Serving Buffalo Chicken Flatbread.
This is perfect for a quick and easy dinner option, or you can make multiple if you're having guests over! No matter how you're going to eat it, you're going to love it! Let's get to the recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes (only if you have your chicken breast pre boiled and shredded, otherwise it would be 45 minutes)
Total time: 20 minutes
If you are a vegetarian - feel free to opt out of the chicken and use tempeh instead! Or you can enjoy the buffalo sauce by creating a veggie buffalo pizza.
1. 1 StoneFire Naan (garlic)
2. Parmigiano reggiano (no specific amount, add your desired amount)
3. 1/2 avocado sliced into thin, small pieces like seen above
4. 1 mini bell pepper sliced in thin rounds
5. 1 lean chicken breast (boiled and shredded)
6. 1 handful of spinach (chopped)
7. Primal Kitchen's buffalo sauce
8. Marinara sauce (I get mine from Trader Joe's)
if you don't care about having dairy - Mezzetta Marinated Onion Marinara Sauce is a delicious option as a pizza sauce for this flatbread
9. Fresh cilantro to garnish
10. Salt and black pepper
11. Extra virgin olive oil
1. First, preheat your oven to 400.
2. Grab a baking sheet and add aluminum foil to it.
3. Place one naan on the pan. 4. Add the pizza sauce on top but avoid the edges like shown in the picture on the left.
4. Add on the spinach.
5. In a separate bowl add the shredded chicken breast and pour on 1 TBSP or so of buffalo sauce. Mix well.
6. Add the buffalo chicken to the pizza.
7. Add on the rounds of bell peppers.
8. Drizzle on some olive oil.
9. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the edges are crispy.
10. Gently take the pizza out and let it cool.
11. Add the avocado slices, garnish with cilantro, season with black pepper, and drizzle on a bit more buffalo sauce if you want extra spice.