This brunch bowl was inspired by a girl I follow who lives in California. She was at a restaurant one day for brunch and she posted a breakfast bowl just like this one, so I just HAD to remake it. It was so easy to put together, yet so fancy at the same time!
The smoked salmon, fingerling potatoes, capers, the Greek olives, the arugula, the heirloom tomatoes, all bring such amazing flavor to this bowl.
Not only is there so much flavor, but all of the proteins, carbs, and fats you need from a breakfast. The olives and smoke salmon bring a great source of omega 3 fats! So, one weekend morning where you're feeling extra, make this delicious, flavorful, and nutritious bowl for yourself and maybe an extra for a friend. Let's get to the recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 12-15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and pescatarian.
1. 1 package of smoked salmon (I got the Sockeye Smoked Salmon from Trader Joe's)
2. 1-2 pasture raised eggs
3. Teeny tiny potatoes or fingerling potatoes
4. Greek olive medley (I got this from Trader Joe's)
5. ½ avocado
6. 1 heirloom tomato or beefsteak tomato
7. Handful of arugula
8. 1 TSP capers
9. ½ TSP hemp seeds
10. Salt, freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder
11. Extra virgin olive oil
12. ½ lemon
1. This recipe is going to be very simple, it's just about putting ingredients in one bowl.
2. First, grab a bowl you love and add a handful of arugula. Squeeze some lemon juice and salt a bit.
3. Now, grab a frying pan and a baking pan. Have your oven preheating at 400. In the baking pan, add in 6-8 potatoes, and drizzle on olive oil. Season with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to your liking. Bake until they are soft on the inside.
4. With the frying pan now, drizzle in olive oil and crack in 1-2 eggs. Add salt and black pepper and cover the frying pan with a lid. Cook to your liking, I had them cooked well-done, you don't have to!
5. As you're waiting for the potatoes to finish baking, let's put the bowl all together.
6. Add in 3-4 pieces of the smoked salmon and some capers on top.