This may be a summery salad but it was just too good to pass up this winter. This is my Smoked Salmon Salad with Dijon Lemon Dressing. Not only was it delicious, but it's a balanced meal and required little prep. To create this salad you need lettuce, quinoa, smoked salmon, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, and radish. The dressing is a blend of Dijon mustard, lemon, olive oil, white wine vinegar, and salt. This salad is so refreshing and I highly recommend making it for a meal prepped lunch or enjoying it on a Saturday afternoon at home. I would like to mention that smoked salmon is high in sodium, so it's key that you take that into consideration if you've been told by a physician to limit your sodium intake. So grab your vegetables and smoked salmon and let's get to chopping.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and pescatarian.
1. Smoked salmon thinly sliced
2. Green of choice (I used lettuce for a fresh, cool taste)
3. 5-6 cherry tomatoes chopped in halves
4. 1 cucumber sliced into thin rounds or ½ Persian cucumber sliced into thin rounds
5. 1 radish sliced into thin rounds
6. ¼ cup of cooked quinoa
7. ½ avocado sliced thinly
8. Fresh parsley to garnish, finely diced
9. Extra virgin olive oil
10. Dijon mustard
11. White wine vinegar
12. 1 lemon
14. Lemon pepper
1. First, grab a serving bowl and add in 1 handful of lettuce.
2. Second, add in the ½ cup of cooked quinoa.
3. Have your cherry tomatoes, cucumber, radish, avocado, and parsley prepared.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado into the salad.
5. For the smoked salmon, roll up 3-4 smoked salmon pieces and place them into the salad.
6. Let's create the dressing: in a small bowl pour in 2 TBSPs of olive oil, the juice of 1 small lemon (or ½ large lemon), 1 TSP white wine vinegar, and ½ TBSP Dijon mustard. Mix well until you create a consistent dressing. If it's too thick add a dash of water in and mix again. Salt to taste. Mix again.
7. Garnish the salad with parsley and pour on the dressing to your liking, you don't have to use it all.