This combo felt so right so I wanted to share it. It was so nourishing and flavorful and it’s time someone else made it too! It took less than 10 minutes to make, so if you're ever in a rush in the morning but need to fuel your body, make this. Your body will thank you. Let’s get to it.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and vegetarian.
1. 1 sourdough bread
2. 3 cherry tomatoes
3. 5 kalamata olives
5. 1 egg
6. Spicy extra virgin olive oil
8. Black pepper
9. Hemp seeds
10. Pumpkin seeds
11. Red pepper spread with eggplant and garlic @traderjoes
Replacement suggestion: I make my own spicy extra virgin olive oil and it's very simple. In a olive oil dispenser add in several chili peppers and jalapeño peppers. Pour in the olive oil and let it marinate overnight. Then you are able to use it on food whenever for an extra kick of flavor. However, if you don't want to, you can just use regular extra virgin olive oil.
1. First, grab a piece of bread and toast it.
2. Next, fry 1 egg.
3. Next, chop up your cherry tomatoes and kalamata olives in halves.
4. Now comes to the layering.
5. On your toast, spread on the red pepper spread to your liking. Next, add on the arugula, the egg, the cherry tomatoes, and the kalamata olives.
6. Sprinkle on pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds.
7. Drizzle on the spicy olive oil and season the toast with salt and black pepper to taste.