Spicy Tuna and Avocado Toast
Updated: Feb 23, 2021
You either love or hate tuna, but if you do hate it, I’m going to recommend one way to try tuna again. Squeezing lemon on tuna significantly decreases that fishy smell tuna has and that’s the only way I can eat it. So give me, I mean...give THIS recipe a shot and try it out! It's so flavorful and nutritious. Let’s get to the recipe shall we?
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and pescatarian.
1. 1 can of tuna
2. ½ avocado
4. Sprouts of any kind
5. 1 lemon
6. Extra virgin olive oil
8. black pepper, garlic jalapeño, red pepper, chili powder
9. 2 pieces of sourdough bread
1. First, toast 2 of pieces of bread.
2. Next, empty out a can of tuna into a plate (make sure to drain the water out).
3. Now, squeeze 1/2 lemon on it and mix well. Now sprinkle on ¼ TSP salt, a dash of black pepper, and 1/4 TSP of garlic jalapeño and mix in well.
4. Once the toast is done put it on a plate and scoop out ½ avocado onto the toasts.
5. Now, add arugula on top. Next, equally distribute tuna onto each toast.
6. Sprinkle on a pinch of red pepper, chili powder, and salt.
7. Squeeze a bit of lemon on each again.
8. Add the sprouts.
9. Drizzle on some olive oil onto each.