Just some ghosts hanging out at a cemetery, nothing to see here! Halloween is 2 days away and to celebrate I made this Spooky Stove Top Chocolate Protein Oats. Protein oats can honestly taste so bad, but not if you make them my way. Adding the right flavors and sweeteners like cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, and maple syrup can do the trick. So, if you want to have protein oats for your next breakfast, I say give this recipe a try!
Prep time: 1 minute
Total time: 5-7 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and vegetarian.
1. 1 cup of almond milk
2. I cup of GF oats
3. Cinnamon and nutmeg (approx. 2 TSPs each)
4. 1 TBSP maple syrup
5. 1 scoop chocolate flavored plant protein powder
6. 1 TBSP ground flax
7. Pomegranate seeds
8. Drizzle of honey
To create the ghosts:
1. ½ banana
2. 4 cacao nibs
3. 2 pumpkin seeds
1. First, grab a small pot and place it onto the stove top. Add in 1 cup of almond milk and 1 TBSP of maple syrup. Stir on medium-high heat.
2. Once the milk starts to heat up, add in the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground flax. Stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Once you see the milk start to dissolve, add the scoop of protein powder. Stir well but don't let the oats dry out.
4. Add them to a bowl.
5. Now to create the ghosts, cut one banana in half and then slice one half vertically into two.
6. Place them onto the oats. Now use the cacao nibs as eyes and the pumpkin seeds as their mouths.