I created Sweet Potato Marshmallow Toasts because I have free will. Thanksgiving is officially tomorrow and I had to send you on your way with one last Thanksgiving meal inspo.
If you don't want to make sweet potato casserole tomorrow because you already made too much food, make these toasts instead so they're individual servings.
They can be served as appetizers, part of the meal, or cute dessert.
They were super easy to make and only took 15 minutes! The only ingredient you may not have in your pantry already are the marshmallows, so this is going to make the best last minute option if you need it.
You also can make these as a more nutritious dessert option any day of the year! They are so versatile. Let's get to the recipe!
Yields: 1-2 each person
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 2 sweet potatoes
2. Mini marshmallows
3. Cinnamon and nutmeg
4. Maple syrup
5. Olive oil spray
1. First, preheat the oven to 400.
2. Peel your sweet potatoes and slice them into 1inch thick toasts.
3. Place them onto a baking tray and spray olive oil on them. Season with cinnamon to your liking and make sure both sides of the sweet potato toasts are coated well.
4. Bake the sweet potato toasts until you can poke a fork into them but don't overcook them because you need to take them out again and add the marshmallows on top and bake again.
5. Gently take the toasts out and add the marshmallows. Drizzle on a bit of maple syrup and bake them again.
6. The toasts will only need 2-3 more minutes because the marshmallows will melt fast. You don't want them to lose their shape.
7. Gently take them out and let them cool.
8. Grab a serving plate and place the toasts on it. Season with nutmeg and drizzle on more maple syrup if you'd like.