Teriyaki Veggie Dumpling Nourish Bowl
Don't go thinking that I made these dumplings myself because I definitely did not. I want to thank the frozen section of Trader Joe's for providing us with delicious Thai Vegetable Gyoza that you can make in 5 minutes. One day I was craving them for lunch but also wanted to ensure I incorporated protein and more greens into my meal. So, I came up with this 15 minute, nutritious "Teriyaki Veggie Dumpling Nourish Bowl." The lettuce, cucumber, quinoa, edamame, and avocado make great additions to the dumplings! So, if you're bored of your everyday salad and want to add some spice into your life, let's make this recipe shall we?
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. ½ bag of Trader Joe's Thai Vegetable Gyoza
2. Tri colored quinoa
3. Salad lettuce
4. ½ cucumber
5. ½ cup edamame
6. ½ avocado
7. Chili onion crunch (from Trader Joe's)
8.Extra virgin olive oil
9.Fresh parsley to garnish
10. Teriyaki sauce (you can use from a bottle or make your own - I have provided my recipe)
1. First, grab two Tupperware. Add your desired amount of gyoza into and ½ cup of edamame into another. Add 2-3 TSPs of water into each, and then cover. Microwave as the directions say.
2. While they are microwaving, chop up your salad lettuce and add it to a serving bowl.
3. Have your quinoa cooked, and add in ¼ cup into the bowl.
4. Finely dice ½ cucumber and add to the bowl.
5. Once the edamame is done, add to the bowl.
6. Once the dumplings are done, grab a frying pan, and drizzle in 1 TBSP of olive oil and 1-2 TSPs of chili onion crunch (depends on how spicy you want your dumplings). Once the oil simmers, add the dumplings in and sauté them for 2-4 minutes.
7. Add them to the bowl.
8. Pour on your teriyaki sauce to your liking.
9. Garnish with finely chopped parsley.
1/3 cup of soy sauce, ½ cup of orange juice, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 TSP minced ginger, 3 TBSPs brown sugar, 2 TBSPS cold water, 2 TBSPS cornstarch
In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, 1 cup liquid, garlic, ginger and brown sugar. Simmer for 2 minutes on medium heat. Then combine with water and cornstarch and cook until desired consistency.