I think I've come to the conclusion that I have a signature way of creating charcuterie boards and it most likely won't change anytime soon. I present to you "The Average Arab Girl Charcuterie Board."
I always tend to incorporate a blend of Middle Eastern/Mediterranean flavors into my boards: crostini, olives, peppers, mozzarella, almonds, hummus, romesco dip, and dried figs.
Everything you see on this board goes so well together taste-wise. You could take any two ingredients on this board, eat them together, and it would taste delicious.
Make this for a small get together, for a friend or family's birthday, or for a summer night in with your family! They will be so impressed with your cheese-board-making-skills. It's okay, you don't have to tell them you got the inspo from me, hehe.
Can I say this board is for my people who also don't tend to eat pork... lots of charcuterie includes pork like prosciutto & salami, so I wanted to create one that's great for anyone to enjoy! Please feel free to opt out of the beef salami to make this the perfect vegetarian board as well. So, let me show you how to make it!
Yields: at least 6-8
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe can be made vegetarian without the beef salami.
1. 8oz creamy havarti cheese, sliced into small cubes
2. 8oz pepper jack cheese, sliced in thin squares
3. Beef salami, created into 2 roses (from Wegman's)
4. Olive oil crostini (from Wegman's)
5. Peppadew picante peppers (from Wegman's)
6. Red grapes, washed
7. Ciligiene mozzarella balls (from Wegman's)
8. Truffle salt marcona almonds (from Wegman's)
9. Hummus (you can follow my authentic hummus recipe on my blog)
10. Romesco dip (from Trader Joe's)
11. Jubilee olives (from Wegman's)
12. 6 dried figs
13. Basil leaves to garnish
1. Grab a serving board of choice.
2. Prepare the cheese and meat as written above. To create the meat roses, grab a champagne glass. Start layering the salami around the rim of the glass making sure each layer has about 2-3 salami pieces. Flip the glass over onto the board when you're ready to create the board and you have yourself a salami rose!
3. Once you have everything prepared, start creating your board.