Why is it that the recipes I don't think of and just make naturally always come out the best? I made this salad yesterday in a span of 10 minutes and posted it onto my story and you guys were flooding my DMs asking for the recipe! So here it is: this is the greenest salad in the United States of America. She is filled with all the greens your body desires - arugula, cucumber, jalapeño, edamame, avocado, lentils, and celery with an addition of chickpeas and walnuts.
The jalapeño gives it a kick of flavor, the walnuts give it some crunch, and the arugula gives it that perfect bitterness.
Since I had meal prepped the edamame, chickpeas, and lentils, this salad took me 10 minutes to make. This can be the next salad you make during your lunch break at home, on your day off, or one you can meal prep for your school/work days.
Don't be fooled by the plant based salad - this salad has approximately 20grams of protein... the lentils, the chickpeas, and edamame are all great sources of protein. So, let's get to the recipe, shall we?
Prep time: 8-10 minutes - if you have your lentils, chickpeas, edamame prepared
Total time: 10 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1-2 handfuls of arugula
2. ½ avocado medium chopped
3. 2 TBSPs of green lentils (cooked)
4. ½ cup of chickpeas (cooked, drained, washed)
5. ½ cup of edamame (steamed)
6. 1 celery stalk finely diced
7. 1 cucumber finely diced
8. ½ -1 TBSP of finely diced jalapeño
9. 5-6 walnuts, crushed
10. 2 TBSPs of extra virgin olive oil
11. ½ lemon
12. Salt, lemon pepper seasoning
1. First, grab a serving dish and your arugula.
2. Make sure you have your chickpeas, edamame, and lentils cooked and prepared.
Add ingredients 2-9 onto the salad.
3. In a small bowl, make the dressing: the 2 TBSPs of olive oil, 1/2 lemon, and salt & lemon pepper seasoning to your liking. Mix well and pour onto the dressing.
4. Mix well, and taste to see if you want more salt or lemon pepper seasoning. Add if necessary.