You know how we learn how to ride a bike at a young age? Well, learning how to make the perfect potatoes should be a skill taught at a young age as well. They are the great dish to have as a great source of carbs after a long workout, they make for the go-to side dish when you're having people over, and they can pair with many different meals. This is the basic we all need in our life and I am here to help you perfect your techniques!
You're going to need baby medley potatoes (these are my favorite), extra virgin olive oil, salt, lemon pepper, dried thyme, garlic powder, and fresh parsley for garnish. Yes, this will require some patience as well because the crunch on the outside and the soft on the inside type of potatoes need up to 40-45 minutes in the oven.
Let me show you how it's done!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. ½ bag of baby medley potatoes
2. Extra virgin olive oil
4. Dried thyme, lemon pepper, garlic powder
5. Fresh parsley to garnish
1. First, preheat the oven to 425 (this is the best temperature to roast potatoes, it allows the outside to get crunchy without burning them)
2. Rinse your potatoes and chop them into quarters. Place them onto a baking sheet with aluminum foil/parchment paper.
3. Drizzle on 2 TBSPs or so of olive oil onto the potatoes. Season with 1 TSP salt.
4. Season with 1 TSP garlic powder, ½ TSP dried thyme, ¼ TSP lemon pepper. Please feel free to add more or less of these depending on your preference.
5. Mix the seasonings in and spread the potatoes out. (To make sure they equally roast)
6. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, but toss potatoes in the middle around 20 minutes to check on them. Each oven is different so they may need more or less time. To check, poke the potatoes with a fork and see if the fork easily goes through the potato.
7. Gently take them out of the oven and allow them to cool for a bit. Garnish with fresh parsley and maldon salt if you like.