'I went through a long period of time where I couldn't stomach anything. During this time I would avoid any gassy foods like gluten, dairy, tomatoes, legumes, and raw onions. So, one of the meals that I would make for myself was this Tofu Walnut Pesto Sauce on @eatbanza chickpea pasta. Instead of using a tomato sauce for pasta I made this tofu based pesto. It was so creamy and didn't hurt me at all. So, if you're having a crappy day and don't feel too good stomach-wise, make this for yourself! Let's get to the recipe!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 cup of @eatbanza chickpea ziti
2. ¼ cup of pine nuts
3. ⅓ cup of firm tofu
4. 10 fresh basil leaves
5. ¼ cup of walnuts
6. 1 garlic clove
8. Black pepper, oregano, garlic powder
9. Extra virgin olive oil
10. 6-8 cherry tomatoes
1. Grab a pot and boil water for the pasta. Salt the water and once it begins to boil add 1 cup of pasta.
2. Meanwhile, grab a small frying pan, drizzle in 1-2 TBSPS of olive oil and toast ¼ cup of pine nuts until medium brown.
3. In a food processor, add ⅓ cup of firm tofu, ½ TSP of sea salt, dash of black pepper, 1 TSP of oregano, 1 TBSP of olive oil, 10 fresh basil leaves, ¼ cup of crushed walnuts, and 1 garlic clove. Then add in the toasted pine nuts. Add ¼ cup of water. Puree.
4. Taste to see if it needs more salt or olive oil. Add if need be and blend again. If it's dry add a splash of water until it's a creamy consistency.
5. Once the pasta is ready, drain the water and keep the pasta in the pot.
6. Add the tofu walnut pesto you just made into the pot and cook until warm.
7. In a small frying pan, sauté several cherry tomatoes cut in halves in 1/2 TBSP of olive oil with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to your liking. Sauté until they are toasty.
8. Grab a plate, add the pasta, and then top with the cherry tomatoes.