Another day, another easy toast recipe. I've told you guys before, making different toast combos is one of my favorite pastimes and I'm here to provide YOU with all the awesome combos. The sourdough, Campari tomatoes, avocado, romesco sauce, arugula, and olive oil go together so well and create such a flavorful, nutritious mix. Everything you see here is from Trader Joe's! So on your next trip, grab all six ingredients and make yourself this perfect toast for breakfast or lunch! I added hemp seeds on top for a vegan source of protein. However, feel free to add any protein on the side! I added two scrambled eggs on the side and it was perfect. So, let me stop talking and let's get to the recipe.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 6 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 sourdough bread slice
2. 2 Campari tomatoes
3. ½ avocado
4. Romesco dip from Trader Joe's
6. Hemp seeds
7. Extra virgin olive oil
8. Salt and lemon pepper
1. First, toast your slice of bread. You want it well toasted so the romesco doesn't make it soggy after.
2. While it's toasting, prep your veggies. Slice your tomatoes into thin rounds, slice 1/2 an avocado into thin strips, and grab your arugula.
3. Let's put everything together: on the toast, spread on romesco dip to your liking (coat the toast evenly). Then, layer on the arugula. After, as you see in the picture on the left, layer your tomato and avocado as such.
4. Garnish with olive oil, salt, lemon pepper, and hemp seeds.