This may be the best day of the year and I am here today with Joseph's Pita Bread for National Pita Day. This is my Tuna Salad Pita Wrap recipe! It’s a light, dairy free tuna salad pita that contains celery, green onion, parsley, cucumber, olive oil, lemon, salt, & lemon pepper. This makes the tuna taste more fresh & makes for a delicious lunch option.
I’m using Joseph’s pita bread and this pita in particular is the one I’ll immediately grab during any grocery haul to make this recipe (of course) but also breakfasts & dinners. I will use this pita to make breakfast wraps with egg & arugula. For dinner I will make chicken shawarma wraps! Pita is not only versatile, but it is nutritious.
1 serving of @josephspitabread is 90 calories but also provides you with 4 grams of protein, 8% your DV of dietary fiber, & 6% your DV of iron! Your GI tract & muscles are going to love you for these. These nutrient dense packed pitas are the way to go!
Not only is this recipe nutritious, but it's so easy to make! All you need to do is chop away, no cooking necessary. So, let me explain to you how to make it!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 18 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and pescatarian.
1. 1 Joseph's pita
2. 1 can tuna (Bubble Bee Solid White Albacore)
3. 1 tomato, sliced into rounds then cut in half to look like half moon
4. Lettuce (I personally used Bright farms Sunny Crunch - I love this brand)
5. 1 cucumber, finely diced
6. 1 green onion, finely diced
7. 1 TBSP finely diced fresh parsley
9. Extra virgin olive oil
11. Lemon pepper
13. 1 lemon
1. First, grab a pita and place it on a serving plate of choice.
2. Grab a small bowl and the can of tuna. Open the canned tuna and drain out the excess water. Add the tuna into the small bowl.
3. Add in the cucumber, fresh parsley, and green onion into the bowl of tuna.
4. Squeeze on the juice of ½ lemon and 1 TBSP of olive oil into the bowl. Season with a dash of salt, then tajin and lemon pepper to your liking. Mix the tuna and veggies well together.
5. Have the tomato, micro-greens, and lettuce ready.
6. Let's put it all together: layer lettuce and then the tomato slices onto the pita. Layer on the tuna salad on top. Garnish with olive oil and salt if you'd like. Add the micro-greens on top.