Tuna Salad Sandwich on a Baguette
Who here loves tuna salad sandwiches but doesn't like eaing them out? Personally, every time I have a tuna salad sandwich out, it's either soggy or tastes too "fishy". This is why I've taken matters into my own hands. This delicious tuna salad sandwich is made with dijon mustard, mayo, lemon, salt, and black pepper so I ensure you that "fishy" taste is gone! The toppings and the baguette add an extra crunch and I can't wait for you guys to give this a go for yourselves. So go to your local bakery, grab a french baguette, and get to work! This will only take you 10 minutes to whip up, making this a quick and easy lunch option. Let's get to it.
Prep time: 3 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
1. ⅓ of the baguette
2. 1 can of Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna in Water (this is my go-to)
3. 1 leaf of lettuce
4. ½ beefsteak tomato
5. Banana peppers
6. ½ avocado
7. Chili lime seasoning (optional for an extra kick)
8. 2 TSPs of dijon mustard
9. 3 TBSPS mayo (or you can use Primal Kitchen's Avocado Mayo like I did)
10. Kosher salt
11. Freshly ground black pepper
12. 1 TBSP lemon juice
1. First, open up the can of tuna, strain the water out, and then empty the can into a bowl.
2. Add 2 TSPs of dijon mustard, 3 TBSPs mayo, 1 TBSP lemon juice, a sprinkle of salt to your liking, and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Mix well and leave to the side. Taste for any more salt or dijon mustard.
3. Now, grab your baguette and chop it into thirds, you'll be using only ⅓ of it. Toast it in a toaster oven if you'd like for two minutes or so.
4. Now, grab one side of the baguette and spread on ½ avocado. Sprinkle on chili lime seasoning if you'd like an extra kick of flavor.
5. Next, grab your one lettuce leaf and break it into thirds. Layer them on top of the avocado.
6. Next, grab the tuna salad and layer it onto the lettuce. If you have extra save them to make another sandwich for a friend!
7. Now for the tomato. Cut thin slices of the tomato and add them on top of the tuna.
8. Grab as many banana pepper as you like and add them on top.
9. Place the other slice of baguette on top, and chop the sandwich in half.