Tuna Steak, Quinoa, Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing On Tortillas
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
A recipe that I'm very proud of. If you'd like to have tacos one night and want to change it up a bit, make these and you will not regret it. They are packed full of flavor and very nutritious at the same time! Let's get to the recipe!
Prep time: -
Total time: 45 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and pescatarian.
1. Tuna Steak
2. 2 limes
3. 1 avocado
4. 2 finely diced tomatoes
5. ½ cup of finely diced sweet onion
6. ½ finely diced cucumber
7. bunch of cilantro
8. 2-3 multigrain tortilla wraps
9. ½ cup of cooked quinoa
11. Black pepper, Adobo seasoning, cayenne pepper, 1 TSP peppercorns, garlic powder
12. 1 TBSP vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
13. 2 TBSPs extra virgin olive oil
1. PICO DE GALLO:
- Chop the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, 1/4 cup of cilantro and put them into a bowl
- Squeeze 1 lime, add salt, a dash of cayenne pepper, a dash of black pepper, and a dash of garlic powder and stir
- put in the fridge to cool
- Boil and add ground rosemary and salt to it while cooking on medium heat. Let it cool in fridge when it's done.
3. AVOCADO CILANTRO LIME DRESSING
- Add 1 avocado, ½ cup of cilantro, 1 squeezed lime, salt, a dash of garlic powder and ½ cup of water into a food processor/blender.
- Puree and keep adding a bit of water until you've achieved a very creamy puree.
- Store it in the fridge to cool.
4. TUNA STEAK
- Use only ½ of the tuna steak
- Slice into small pieces like you see in picture above and put them into a bowl.
- Add a dash of adobo seasoning and a dash of cayenne pepper (don’t be too generous or the taco will be too salty since the tuna steak is already salty on its own.) Mix them well and marinate in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Now, in a frying pan add 1 TBSP of vegan butter, 2 TBSPs olive oil, 1 TSP of peppercorns and let it simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add tuna strips and sear on each side for 2-3 minutes and then flip them. Sear for another 3 minutes.
5. Now, toast the tortillas one by one in the microwave for 1 min or so.
6. Take everything out of the fridge and starting layering everything onto the tortillas. Start with the pico de gallo, then the quinoa, then the tuna steak, and then add the avocado cilantro lime dressing.
7. Roll them into tacos and enjoy!