Turmeric Chicken and Quinoa Salad with Tahini Lemon Dressing
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
This salad is the reason why I love salads so much. It was packed full of flavor and I didn’t want it to end. It’s full of healthy fats and protein and it’s the perfect salad for any season! You're going to want to make this one over and over. So, let me show you how to make it!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and gluten free.
1. 1 chicken breast
2. ¼ cup of quinoa
4. 8 cherry tomatoes
5. ½ cucumber
6. ¼ bell pepper
7. 1 green onion
8. 1 celery
10. Hemp seeds
11. ½ lemon
12. Salt, black pepper
13. @traderjoes vegan chicken-less seasoning
14. ¼ cup of crushed walnuts
15. Garnish with @traderjoes cauliflower crisps
1. First, grab a pot and a medium sized frying pan.
2. In the pot cook your desired amount of quinoa (you only need 1/4 cup for this recipe).
3. In the frying pan, add 1 TBSP of olive oil and 1 chicken breast. Season with salt, black pepper, and chicken-less seasoning well on both sides. Be generous with the seasoning.
4. Cover and let it sauté for 8-10 minutes.
5. While the quinoa and chicken are cooking, grab a bowl and add 2-3 handfuls of arugula. 6. Next, finely chop your cucumber, bell pepper, and celery and add them to the bowl.
7. Chop your cherry tomatoes in halves and add to the bowl.
8. The chicken and quinoa should be done by now. Chop your chicken breast in smaller pieces and add to the bowl.
9. Add 1/4 cup of quinoa.
10. Now for the dressing: in a separate bowl add 2 TBSPs of tahini and a splash of water. Whisk. Then add salt and black pepper to your liking and ½ squeezed lemon. Mix well until it has a creamier consistency. Drizzle onto the salad.
11. Now, finely dice 1 green onion and add it onto the salad.
12. Add a sprinkle of hemp seeds and ¼ cup of crushed walnuts.
13. Garnish with crushed cauliflower crisps for an extra crunch.
14. Mix well and enjoy!