Vegan Breakfast Black Bean Tacos
Updated: Jan 19, 2022
A quick, vegan, breakfast idea that you could honestly make any time of the day. If you're a broke college kid or adult that's trying to save up for a house because the economy makes it normal for houses to be $600K for a one bedroom, this is the perfect, cheap breakfast you can make for yourself. All you need are flour tortillas, 1 can of black beans, arugula, avocado, pico de gallo, and lime. I get the pico de gallo from Trader Joe's; it's all prepared for you and it's so easy to incorporate into your daily meals. So, let's get to the recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 12-15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 2 flour tortillas
3. ½ avocado
4. ½ cup of black beans pre-cooked and washed
5. Handful of arugula
6. Pico de gallo from Trader Joe's
6. Jalapeño pepper sauce from Trader Joe's (or any hot sauce you like, even sriracha works)
8. Freshly ground black pepper
9. 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
10. ½ lime to garnish
11. Hemp seeds to garnish
1. First, grab a plate. Have two flour tortillas slightly warmed up. I used my toaster oven to do this.
2. In a frying pan, sauté 1/2 cup of black beans in 1 TBSP of olive oil on medium-high heat until they soften.
3. Leave them on the side.
4. Now, in a small bowl, mash ½ avocado. Leave it on the side.
5. Now we are going to build the breakfast tacos: Evenly spread the mashed avocado onto each tortilla. Add arugula to each tortilla, then evenly distribute the pico de gallo (1 TBSP each tortilla), and black beans onto each tortilla.
6. Drizzle on your jalapeño pepper hot sauce or your hot sauce of choice. This is optional.
7. Garnish with a squeeze of lime onto each tortilla.
8. Sprinkle on hemp seeds for an extra source of protein.