Okay, I promised you guys a series of meal "preppable" recipes, and you know I always pull through. Whether you want to make this for lunch one day or use it as inspo for a work week's worth of lunch meal prep, you'll enjoy all the wonderful flavors this salad has to offer. The buffalo sauce over the spinach, quinoa, chickpeas, avocado, celery, and tomatoes is a beautiful combo and I can't wait for you all to try it out.
Now, if you want to meal prep this salad, I have provided a detailed explanation of how to perfectly meal prep this salad without it spoiling! So, let's get to it.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 5 cherry tomatoes
2. 1 celery stalk
3. Handful of spinach
4. ½ avocado
5. ¼ tri colored quinoa
6. 1/4 - 1/2 cup of chickpeas (canned, drained, washed)
7. Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce
8. Salt & black pepper to garnish
9. ½ lemon
How to make this salad
1. First, have a cup of quinoa cooked and your chickpeas washed and drained to use.
2. Now, in a frying pan on medium-high heat, add in ¼ cup of quinoa and ½ cup of chickpeas. Pour on 1- 1 ½ TBSPs of buffalo sauce and mix well. Allow them to sauté well for 3-4 minutes.
3. Make sure you have your celery stalk finely diced, your avocado chopped up in cubes, your cherry tomatoes cut in halves, and your spinach chopped up as well.
4. Now, let's put everything together: In a bowl, add in the spinach, the tomatoes, the celery, the avocado, and the buffalo quinoa & chickpea combo.
5. Season with salt, black pepper, and the juice of ½ lemon to taste.
6. If you like it spicy, you can pour on a little bit more buffalo sauce on top.
7. Mix well and enjoy!
How to meal prep this salad
1. First, grab 5 Tupperware.
2. In a large bowl, you're going to add in 3-4 handfuls of chopped spinach.
3. Finely dice 3-4 celery stalks and add them into the bowl.
4. Chop up 15-20 cherry tomatoes in halves and add them into the bowl.
5. You are going to repeat the same process with the quinoa and chickpeas but use the whole cup of quinoa and the whole can of chickpeas. You're going to sauté them in 3-4 TBSPs of buffalo sauce.
6. Now, all this combo to cool and then add it into the bowl.
7. Season with salt, black pepper, and the juice of 1-½ lemons. Mix very well.
8. You can pour in more buffalo sauce if you like.
9. Evenly distribute the salad into each Tupperware.
10. Now, for the avocado. I recommend chopping up ½ avocado into the Tupperware each morning before you go to school or work because avocado spoil very quickly.
a. If you don't really care, then you can chop an avocado in half and add ½ avocado into each Tupperware. What I recommend doing to make sure it doesn't spoil as bad is to cover each salad with a paper towel and then add the lid on.
11. No need to reheat this since it's just a salad! Enjoy all week!