Vegan Chicken Melt Sandwich with Fire Roasted Peppers
Updated: May 9, 2022
The sandwich you never knew you needed until now. Are you someone that loves a GOOD sandwich but doesn't want to pay $15 for one at your local cafe? This sandwich is going to make you melt from how good it is and it's so doable to make at home.
All you need is sourdough bread, fire roasted peppers, spinach, Vegan Chao Cheese with Tomato & Cayenne, Gardein Quinoa Tenders, and harissa. Make this in under 10 minutes when you're trying to squeeze in a lunch during your workday at home, meal prep it for a day at school, or make two of them for you and a loved one on a weekend.
No matter when or how you enjoy it, this vegan sandwich can be enjoyed by anyone. Let me show you how to make it!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 2 pieces of sourdough bread (my favorite is from Trader Joe's)
2. Fire roasted peppers (mine are from Trader Joe's but you can find these at an olive bar in your local supermarket)
4. 4 slices of Vegan Chao Cheese with Tomato & Cayenne
5. 4 pieces of Gardein Quinoa Tenders
6. 1 TBSP of harissa
1. First, add 4 slices of the vegan cheese on one piece of sourdough and toast the two pieces of bread.
2. While you're waiting, have your fire roasted peppers sliced in thinner pieces and your quinoa tenders baking in the oven as written on the instruction labels on the bag.
3. Let's put it all together: on the toast with the cheese spread on 1 TBSP of harissa, layer on the spinach to your liking, add on the quinoa tenders, and top with the fire roasted peppers.
4. Add the other piece of bread on top and chop the sandwich in half.