Vegan Pomegranate Based Nourish Bowl
Not the nourish bowl you want, but the nourish bowl you NEED. This vegan pomegranate based nourish bowl is so flavorful and packed full of your daily required macro and micro nutrients. You could meal prep it for a week's worth of lunches or enjoy it fresh while sitting outside soaking up the summer sun. Either way, it's so quick to make! So, if you want to know how to make it, keep reading!
Prep time: If you have your beets and quinoa cooked already, it should only take 5 minutes to prep.
Total time: 10-12 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. Spring mix of your choice
2. Pomegranate seeds
3. ½ cup of cooked chickpeas
5. ¼ cup of tri color quinoa
6. 1 beet
7. 1 cucumber
8. Fresh mint leaves
9. ½ lemon
10. Extra virgin olive oil
11. 1 TSP pomegranate molasses
12. Table salt
1. First, make sure your beets and quinoa have been cooked. To cook your beets, simply boil water and cook the beets in the pot for about an hour. For the quinoa, cook 1 cup of quinoa in 2 cups of boiling water. Add salt, black pepper, and turmeric to the quinoa and cook for 10 minutes. Also have your chickpeas drained and washed thoroughly.
2. Now, grab a serving bowl and add 2-3 handfuls of spring mix.
3. Add ½ cup of the chickpeas, ¼ cup of quinoa, 6-8 walnuts, and your desired amount of pomegranates (I added about 2 TBSPS).
4. Now, chop your beet into circular rounds and your 1 cucumber in circular rounds as well.
5. Add them to the bowl.
6. Now, let's make the dressing: add 1 TSP of pomegranate molasses and dilute it with a splash of water. Mix well. Now, add the juice of ½ lemon, and 2 TBSPS of olive oil. Add salt to your liking, and mix well.
7. Pour onto the bowl.
8. Garnish with chiffonade fresh mint.
9. Mix well and enjoy!