I know I say this every week, but this IS the best bowl I've ever made and you're going to make it for yourself. The potatoes, broccoli, and chickpeas sautéed in jalapeño, garlic, and green bell peppers is absolutely delicious and the tahini dressing just puts it all together. This bowl is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner idea for you and a friend, and you do not have to be vegan to enjoy it! When I make a vegetarian or vegan recipe, it's not because I eat that way, but because those kinds of meals are more likely going to contain vegetables and legumes than other recipes. These plant-based meals are the optimal way to ensure you're getting your daily source of fiber and key micronutrients. So, let's get to the recipe!
Prep time: 20 minutes (only because the potatoes need to boil for 15 minutes, but other than that physical prep time is 10 minutes)
Total time: 30 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1-2 handfuls of spinach
2. 4 baby potatoes (I bought them from Trader Joe's)
3. 4-5 broccoli florets chopped into very small pieces (easier to sauté)
4. ¼ cup of chickpeas (cooked, drained, washed)
5. ½ jalapeño finely diced
6. 1 garlic clove finely diced
7. 1 TBSP finely diced green bell pepper
8. 3 TBSPs tahini
9. 1 lemon
10. Extra virgin olive oil
11. Salt, black pepper, garlic powder, Aleppo pepper, lemon pepper
12. Fresh parsley to garnish
1. First, wash your potatoes with cold water. Then, grab a pot and fill it up with water. Once the water starts to boil, add in the potatoes. Cook the potatoes until you can fully puncture the potato with a fork. You don't want it to be too soft because you're going to sauté them after.
2. While the potatoes are boiling, have your chickpeas washed and your broccoli, jalapeño, garlic, and green bell pepper ready.
3. Once the potatoes are done, chop them each into 4.
4. Grab a large frying pan and drizzle in 2 TBSPS of olive oil. Add in the garlic, jalapeño, and green bell pepper. Once you can smell the garlic, add in the potatoes, chickpeas, and broccoli. Sauté on medium heat.
5. Season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Aleppo pepper. (I don't have exact measurements because it's always up to you - but remember the tahini dressing will have salt so don't over-salt the veggies)
6. Sauté until the broccoli is cooked through because that takes the longest. The chickpeas and potatoes will be cooked perfectly.
7. Let's put it all together.
8. Grab a serving bowl and add in 1-2 handfuls of spinach. Add on the potatoes, broccoli, and chickpeas. Now for the dressing: grab a bowl and add in 3 TBSPs of tahini. Dilute with a splash of water and mix. Squeeze in the juice of ½ lemon. Mix until you have a thin consistency. Add salt and lemon pepper to your liking. Mix once more.
9. Pour the dressing onto the bowl. Garnish with fresh parsley.