Vegan Sweet Potato & Lentil Bowl with Chimichurri Sauce
Updated: Sep 12
Can I have this bowl on repeat every single day of the week, because I might just have to. It's THAT good, you guys. The flavors in this bowl match so well and I'm so proud of this creation. The funny thing is, I had chimichurri sauce leftover from another recipe that I'll share soon, and I didn't know what to do with it. So, I poured it on this bowl, and it was a match made in heaven. You got kale, lentils, quinoa, sweet potato, avocado, zucchini, slivered almonds, and a delicious homemade chimichurri sauce all in one bowl. This has the dietary fiber and iron you'd need from a meal, so you are going to feel good inside and out. So, without wasting anymore time, let's get to the recipe!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 2 handfuls of chopped kale
2. ½ cup of lentils
3. ½ avocado
4. ¼ cup of tri colored quinoa
5. ¼ large zucchini or ½ of small zucchini
6. Serving size of slivered almonds
7. 1 mini sweet potato or ½ of a large sweet potato
9. ½ lemon
10. Extra virgin olive oil
1. 1 cup firmly bunched fresh parsley
2. ½ cup firmly bunched fresh cilantro
3. 4 garlic cloves
4. Extra virgin olive oil
5. 2 TBSPs red wine vinegar
6. Dash of red pepper flakes (or to your liking)
7. 1 TSP of salt (keep adding after until you like the taste)
1. First, preheat the oven to 400 bake.
2. You're going to bake the sweet potato and zucchini. Cut the sweet potato as you like and medium chop the zucchini. Season with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Bake until soft.
3. As you're waiting for those to bake, have your lentils and quinoa cooked.
4. As you're still waiting, in a small processor or blender, you're going to add in the parsley, cilantro, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, and salt.
5.In a small pan, add in 1 TBSP of olive oil, and add in the garlic cloves. Toast them until light brown. Add the garlic cloves into the blender and add in ¼ cup of olive oil.
6. Puree. Taste for salt, and if it's dry, add more olive oil Puree until its a thinner consistency and to your liking for taste.
7. Now let's put the bowl all together: in a bowl, add in the kale and massage it with olive oil, lemon, and salt. Next, add on the baked zucchini, quinoa, lentils, sweet potato, and slivered almonds. Then, add ½ sliced avocado and pour on the chimichurri sauce.