Vegan Sweet Potato Toasts with a Red Pepper & Tahini Dressing
Updated: Sep 12
And the dressing of the year goes to... "Red Pepper & Tahini Dressing." This is going to be the dressing I use for the rest of my life and the rest of yours.
These sweet potato toasts were so easy to make and the dressing just puts the whole recipe together so well. We have sweet potato toasts for carbs, lentils and chickpeas for protein, arugula for a veggie source, parsley for a delicious herb, and tahini as our healthy fat. This is the perfect lunch to make for yourself and it's incredibly filling. So, if you need an easy, healthy, vegan recipe in your life, let's get to the recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. ½ sweet potato
2. Handful of arugula
3. 1/4 cup of green lentils (cooked)
4. 1/4 cup of chickpeas (cooked, drained, washed)
5. Extra virgin olive oil
6. Salt, black pepper, Aleppo pepper, garlic powder
7. Fresh parsley to garnish
1. 2-3 TBSPs of tahini
2. 1 TBSP Red pepper paste
3. ½ lemon
4. Splash of water to dilute
5. Salt to your liking
1. First, preheat your oven to 400.
2. Now, make sure your lentils and chickpeas are cooked.
3. Slice your sweet potato into thin slices, but not too thin because you don't want them to break in half. Probably 1 ½ - 2 inches thick.
4. Grab a baking pan, and add the chickpeas and sweet potato slices. Drizzle on olive oil. Season both with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to your liking. On the chickpeas only, add 1/4 TSP of Aleppo pepper. Mix well. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the chickpeas are crispy and the sweet potato toasts are cooked through.
5. While they are baking, have your arugula out and fresh parsley chopped finely to garnish.
6. Next, let's make the dressing: in a small bowl add the ingredients listed above. Add the tahini, lemon, red pepper paste and mix. Dilute with water. You want a thick consistency but also not too thick where it looks muddy. Add salt to your liking. Mix really well. Taste to see if you want more tahini or lemon.
7. Now let's put it all together: on a plate add arugula, add the sweet potato toasts, add the lentils and chickpeas, and then pour on the dressing to your liking. I went heavy because it was delicious. Sprinkle on fresh parsley and salt a bit more if you'd like.