Do you have leftover quinoa in the fridge and want some fiber for breakfast? Then this Vegetarian Breakfast Quinoa Bowl is perfect. Quinoa makes for an excellent source of dietary fiber, which is a great nutrient to incorporate into your morning - it will help regulate your bowel movements! (Gross I know, but important for overall health and well being)
This was a very simple bowl to put together and a perfectly balanced one as well. You have protein from the eggs and quinoa, healthy fats from the avocado and pumpkin seeds, and fiber/carbs from the quinoa and arugula. So grab your ingredients and let me teach you how to make this bowl in 10 minutes.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and vegetarian.
1. ½ cup of cooked quinoa
2. 2 eggs
4. ½ avocado, thinly sliced
5. 1 TSP pumpkin seeds
6. ½ lemon
7. Salt & black pepper
8. Extra virgin olive oil
9. Optional: hot sauce
1. First, grab a serving bowl and add in ½ cup of cooked quinoa. Salt a bit for taste and mix.
2. Add on a handful of arugula.
3. Add on the thinly sliced avocado.
4. Now, grab a small frying pan and drizzle in 1 TBSP of olive oil on medium-high heat.
5. Crack in two eggs and separate sides and salt to taste. Cover with a lid and allow them to cook on medium heat to your liking.
6. When they are done, add them to your bowl.
7. Drizzle on the juice of ½ lemon onto the arugula, salt to taste, and drizzle on hot sauce to your liking.