Vegetarian Pomegranate Chickpea Avocado Toast
Updated: Dec 28, 2022
Want some extra fiber in your breakfast? Make my delicious Vegetarian Chickpea Pomegranate Avocado Toast tomorrow morning. Americans definitely do not get enough legumes in their diets, which are an incredible source of dietary fiber, which can help promote digestion! I know avocado toasts have been a hit in society lately, so why not just add some chickpeas and follow my recipe?! You'll get to eat what you love and add more nutrients in that your body will appreciate.
All you're going to need is sourdough toast, arugula, avocado, chickpeas, pomegranate seeds, and hemp seeds. The rest you'll have in your pantry.
This is the perfect vegan recipe anyone can enjoy and it's very filling. All you need is 10 minutes in the kitchen and the patience to deseed a pomegranate... I say just buy the pomegranate seeds in ready-to-go packages because that mess is truly not worth it. Let's get to the recipe!
Prep time: 8 minutes (if your pomegranate has been deseeded already)
Total time: 10 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 piece of sourdough bread
2. ¼ cup of chickpeas, cooked, drained, and washed
3. Your desired amount of pomegranate seeds
4. 1 handful of arugula
5. ½ avocado
6. Extra virgin olive oil
7. 1 TSP hemp seeds
1. First, make sure you have your chickpeas and pomegranate seeds ready to go.
- I usually meal prep these both so I can easily incorporate them into all of my meals.
2. Toast one piece of sourdough bread.
3. While you're waiting on the sourdough, grab a serving plate.
4. Grab an avocado and slice it in half vertically. You will need to use only one half. Peel back the skin and toss it. Mash the avocado into a bowl and salt to your liking.
5. Let's put everything together now. On your toasted sourdough, spread on the mashed avocado. Then top with arugula, the chickpeas, and the pomegranate seeds. Sprinkle on 1 TSP of hemp seeds. Season with salt. Drizzle on olive oil to your liking.
6. Slice the toast in half if you'd like, and enjoy!